Top 100

Top 100

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Amazon Changes The Rules


Two days ago, on October 3, at about 4:00 PM Amazon changed its guidelines with respect to reviews of free and discounted merchandise. In a nutshell, Amazon is no longer allowing reviews of these items on their site. It seems their thinking is that these reviews were not entirely unbiased, and were muddying the waters for consumers trying to learn about products.

You can read the entirety of Amazon's statement at the following URL:

https://www.amazon.com/p/feature/abpto3jt7fhb5oc

This change Amazon is making is a big one. Thousands of companies had relied on reviewers who received their products free or at a discount. Personally I had been receiving and reviewing several products a day. I had always attempted to write fair and unbiased reviews. I had received many positive comments on my reviews, including this one:


"This is probably THE best review of any product that I've ever read. Here's why:

You covered and EXPLAINED in GREAT detail everything and anything about the workings of this product along with all the "hows", "whys" and "what is/are?" Amps, 2.0 vs 3.0, speeds, Apple vs. Android benefits, as well as what is and isn't included in the box, meticulous aesthetics, and more.

Clearly you are efficient, thorough, and very patient. I will now reconsider my options feeling educated and confident. Thank You so very much!!!

Joanne"


I have started this blog so that I may still post reviews on products I receive for free or at a discount. I hope that by doing so, I will continue being able to help others with my reviews, as I have been doing for some time on Amazon.

Thanks for reading, and please stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment