Top 100

Top 100

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Nucharger C40U 4000mAh Slim Portable Charger
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X0GGLWM






This is a pretty good, quite slim and lightweight portable charger, (also known as a power bank) that I received in exchange for my unbiased review.

The best feature of this portable charger is how slim and light it is. Compared to other similar products that provide 4000 mAh or even 5000 mAh, this charger is definitely thinner and lighter than most. That being said, the description on Amazon is a bit misleading, in that it is quite a bit larger and heavier than a credit card. (A credit card I just weighed came in at 5 grams while this charger weighs 87 grams.)

There are a few reasons why I am rating this product four stars instead of five stars. 

One of the main selling points of this charger is that it can charge micro-USB devices and Apple devices that use a Lightning connector with the built in cable, and it can. There is a built in Lightning adapter that connects to the micro-USB end. My issues are that there is no similar USB-C adapter and also the cable to charge the unit is not attached in any way. There is certainly room to include a USB-C adapter, and it would not be difficult to build the charging cord into the unit just as the output cord is built in now. If the company improved either of those two things in a future version, I would consider the product a five-star product. Another thing the company could do to improve the product, that would make it a five-star product in my eyes, would be to add Quick Charge capability.

I don't want my criticisms above to sound too harsh. This is a very good portable charger for the size and the price. It really is quite thin and light. It just takes a little more for me to rate a product five stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment