Top 100

Top 100

Monday, May 15, 2017

Chef Brooklyn Kitchen Shears

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KSR0OVO




I received these kitchen shears from Chef Brooklyn at a deep discount, in exchange for this review.

Although these kitchen shears do seem extremely versatile, as they have several additional tools built into them, I just can't recommend them, for one main reason: they come apart, into two pieces, far too easily. I realize that this is considered a feature, but for me, the way this feature is implemented is a flaw.

The idea is that the shears should come apart easily for cleaning. The problem is that if you open them to their widest open position, as I often do when using shears like these to open boxes with one blade, these shears simply fall apart. This is both inconvenient and, I fear, potentially dangerous.

I have attempted to open boxes with these using just the serrated blade, which can be used with the shears closed, but it really does not work all that well.

Some of the other built in tools are a screw driver, a bottle opener, and a nut / shell cracker. According to the item description, other tools included are a straight blade, a fruit and vegetable peeler, and a fish scaler / chesse grater.

I imagine if you really want all those tools in your kitchen shears, and don't mind the fact that the shears separate into two pieces very easily, you might like these shears from Chef Brooklyn. They're just not for me, though, which is why I rated them just two stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment